Monday, August 18, 2008

Rock The Bells


Jay Electronica @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Jay Electronica performing. I got to the stage around 10:50am, it was pretty dead. lol after his performance he told people to meet him on the side of the stage if they were tryin to smoke or get some drink tickets. I walked over there after his performance to get a drink ticket and he was no where to be found.. so then I went and bought a $9 watered down budweiser..


Murs @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Murs is a clown on stage. He was doin little cheerleader jumps between songs, I had never seen him perform live before RTB. He went on around a quarter till 12 and it was still pretty dead..


Immortal Technique from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Immortal Technique has a dirty ass mouth..


Dead Prez - Hip Hop @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Dead Prez was doin the usual speakin on their revolutionary stuff. It was kinda weird seeing 14 year old white kids throwin up black power and feelin their message even more than me..


Tyga @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

I left the main stage to promote for a bit and Tyga was performing on the second one. I don't like this song that much so I didn't feel like making the effort to nudge my way into the crowd.


De La Soul - Buddy @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

De La Soul was solid.


Kidz In The Hall @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Kidz In The Hall @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Kidz In The Hall was dope. I didn't know if they were gonna be there or not after Double O got put in the hospital after the last RTB. I was tryin to see if I could spot his black eye.


Method Man & Redman - I'll Be Dat from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Method Man & Redman @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Method Man & Redman @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Method Man & Redman had the best performance of the day, shit they should have went last. They had everyone run up to the stage. They passed a blunt into the crowd, were stage diving, standing in the crowd, talkin shit all that good stuff. That performance had me expecting more from the artists performing after them but none brought nearly as hard as Method Man & Redman.


The Pharcyde @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

The Pharcyde reunion. Dope seein them back together. They also covered Bobby Brown's My Perogative with Fatlip singing.. it was funny as hell.


Spank Rock from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Spank Rock. Can hear me on the phone durin that vid.. Performance was cool, I just remember I was gettin food and I heard "pop that pussy" or some shit like that about 11 times.


Nas from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Nas was solid on every song he performed..


Q-Tip @ RTB from b0ardz on Vimeo.

Q-Tip started out by himself wit Mos Def givin him some help.


ATCQ from b0ardz on Vimeo.

ATCQ # 2 from b0ardz on Vimeo.

A Tribe Called Quest. I was fuckin dead by the time they came on and just wanted to go home. They brought my energy back up. I've seen them perform before, wasn't much different from the last time. They only had 2 spotlights goin so Jarobi White was left in the dark a lot of the show.


I have some video of Mos Def and others that I may up later, overall Rock The Bells was the best shit I've ever been to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RTB!!