Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm noticing something. See What I see.

I've been noticing something in music. It hasn't quite taken form yet, and I'm not sure if it ever fully will.

Afta-1 - makes the future sound dope, nice melodic beats.

Flying Lotus - Tons of potential. Still seems incomplete though.

Jay Electronica - Dope MC. 1 Melodic song from being pretty damn good.

Panacea - Side Project of Raw Poetic & K-murdock that blew up. Nice group. Some of the songs just sound too corny to me, and some sound great. I enjoy more of the songs from their main Project (if it still is) Restoring Poetry In Music.

DJ A-Trak - Producing, Djing & Remixing this dude is just making music fun again. He's pretty much sayin fuck mainstream, fuck underground, music is music. Bringing the fun back in a respectable non-corny way.

Mickey Factz - Not exactly super talented or anything, but he is doing something different and keeping it simple. He is rappin over shit and sampling from songs no one would think to use, and it works.

Lupe Fiasco - Doing a lot of different things in music. Bringing it all together. Has the kind of open mind necessary to grow and help music grow.

Kanye West - already pretty famous he's doin it all.. but once I heard stronger for the first time, I knew it was a wrap, something greats coming.

I'll add a lot more later.

No comments: